Thursday, October 23, 2008

PDA = Oh Boy!

Add me to the world of Blackberry. After resisting a little, I've finally agreed to take on a Blackberry for work. It's a win / lose situation. It's great to always have access to e-mails, but now all my co-workers know that too! At the end of the day, I just hope it streamline's my work flow and makes everything that much easier. So far my biggest annoyance with the device is I can't turn off the keypad tone when I dial a phone number. Besides that, it's actually fairly easy to use. I'm working with the new World Edition model that will allow me to roam and make calls while in Europe. I anticipate traveling more to Austria next year as my responsibilities expand here.

Tomorrow afternoon I leave for Indiana. Believe it or not, but I'm staying in the Holiday Inn Express in Lebanon, IN, and I didn't even book this hotel room or know I had a room reserved there before my Stay Smart blog! The race team reserved a room for me, so one more round of Staying Smart for me.

I'll be cruising in a bad-ass Ford Focus. It's the rental car I've always dreamed of rolling in, thanks Enterprise. Talk about bare bones. I didn't know they still sold cars without power windows, power locks, cruise control and radio sans CD player. A closer look will likely reveal no suspension and a "Built in Amish Country" tag. I guess it's better than taking Greyhound. It's my 10-year anniversary of being Greyhound free ... can anything beat the toxic smells aboard a Greyhound?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nothing is better than being Greyhound free! Oh, I'll never go back to the smells. If you close your eyes I bet you can still smell it.