Tuesday, December 30, 2008

T-Mobile = A Lot of Work


I bought Tracy a T-Mobile phone for Christmas with the intention she would return it to T-Mobile and re-up her plan to upgrade to a better phone. On Monday, Tracy and I made the trip to T-Mobile by her townhouse in Blaine after the movers were finished to look over her options.

What we learned is T-Mobile's phones are absolutely terrible. It's no wonder I had dry sweats buying her phone a few weeks back for her present. The selection is really weak compared to other cell phone providers and almost every phone has received a mediocre review. I bought her the Gravity, which is the poor man's Sprint Rant. Since I paid full price for the phone, she was able to use the credit and buy what she really wanted.

After looking over her options, with a little convincing from me, Tracy opted for the Blackberry Curve. It required her to upgrade her plan with unlimited data, but I think it's worth it. It's not much more a month and she'll get addicted to the Internet. The phone is probably the best T-Mobile offers. It's no i-Phone touch (John and Katie) or a Blackberry Storm (Dan), but it's pretty good.

What's not good is upgrading a plan at a T-Mobile store if you are in a rush. I think I spent less time getting a home mortgage than we did at T-Mobile upgrading her phone. Why does it take 5 minutes just to ring up the phone purchase and memory card and another 15 - 20 minutes to get the phone service switched over? I'd say it was pretty ridiculous and my patience has a tendency to wearing thin over customer service. Maybe she was moving as fast as she could, but it's just T-Mobile's antiquated computer software ... kind of like their phone software!

Well, we are staying at the Siegrist residence ... Holiday Inn Express as John calls it ... for the next two nights. Thanks for letting Tracy and I crash at your house and we look forward to New Year's Eve.

No comments: