Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Two Showings Is Encouraging

Finally, after a drought worse than the Dust Bowl, my house had two showings over the weekend. While it was encouraging, we are still waiting on feedback from one of the real estate agents. I can't imagine that that realtor has much going on right now to prevent them from sending in some prompt feedback. At least the second showing gave me some hope that my house isn't completely worthless and that my dad's hard shoveling work this winter hasn't been for naught.

The second couple liked my house and were interested but it comes with a catch, of course. They had just put an offer in on another house, bank owned from the sounds of it, and they are waiting to hear what happens there. If their first offer doesn't go through, they said they would entertain the idea of putting in an offer on my house. At the very least, it gives me hope. The couple thought the house showed really well, liked the neighborhood and the property. Just when you think all is completely lost with the housing market you find a glimmer of hope. I can only hope this glimmer lasts longer than my workout program ... no more excuses.

I'm working out and my house will sell. If I can convince myself those two things are related, maybe I'll be motivated enough to at least tighten up while the housing market continues to suck.

No comments: