Friday, January 30, 2009

Adobe Flash CS4 Is Neat

After my sushi lunch, I installed Adobe Flash CS4 on my Macbook Pro work laptop. It's amazing working with the software and putting graphics in to motion. However, it's another Adobe Suite program that I need to dig in to and see how fast I can master my skills. I have a stronger sense of the other Adobe programs, but Flash is kind of my unknown.

I'd say I made the transition over to InDesign from QuarkXPress fairly easily. Quark was the layout page maker program of choice from my days back at good old Worthlesstown Daily Globe.

I'm pretty confident with Photoshop CS3 and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading Katrin Eismann's "Photoshop Restoration and Retouching: Third Edition" as it walks me through many tricks and shortcuts I didn't know were possible in Photoshop. The book has been a great asset so far and I think it will actually help me improve my Flash skills as some of the layer concepts transfer over.

It's amazing how much there is to learn when creating design assets. Next week I'll upload the posters I created that I'm pretty proud of. It's always fun seeing your work hanging on people's office walls. I can't post it now until the sales programs are announced to our dealers. You never know who's reading I guess!

No comments: