Monday, January 26, 2009

Congrats Tracy!!

To say I was surprised probably isn't the right word. When I came home from work tonight Tracy couldn't hide her excitement. I walked in the door, she jumped up and gave me a hug. I figured it wasn't to announce she was pregnant ... hahaha ... not so sure we are even close to ready for that type of surprise.

After three weeks in SoCal, she landed the gig at BowTie in one of the worst job markets in our lifetime. I wasn't surprised, more impressed. Tracy has all of the skills and the personality that market themselves in this tight job environment, and she proved all her hard work at Ehlert / Affinity over the last six years paid off. I have a very talented girlfriend who I love very much. We'll celebrate her new gig with a glass of Robert Renzoni Sangiovese vino tonight. Believe it or not, she agreed to start her Production Coordinator position at BowTie this Wednesday. She wasn't really out of work, it was more like a needed three-week vacation to get settled here in California.


View Larger Map
The drive to Irvine will definitely suck, but she'll get to see kitties .... meow ... and puppies ... woof ... in the office and maybe even a real live chicken ... eat more chicken. For an animal lover, that really doesn't suck. The paycheck and health insurance will be nice too I guess.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Congratulations Tracy! Now I know who to go to for dog tips. That looks like one heck of a drive though. Google maps says an hour and 44 minutes. Ick! I guess that is a small price to pay. I can't wait until we can visit.

Vebe Visual said...

She's making it in 1 hour and 15 minutes right now ... from what a co-worker said that's a pretty standard commute time even if you live only 20 miles away in Orange County. So, all and all, it could be worse. The drive through the mountains is actually pretty cool.