Saturday, January 31, 2009

Don't EVER Measure Your Waist

Tracy and I spent the day running some super important errands. Let's see, we bought an area rug at Kohl's along with a fragrance diffuser for the guest bathroom. We also picked up a frame for a Claude Monet Water Lilies 1906 print at JoAnn Fabrics for the guest bedroom. And, we brought in another piece of art to be framed. JoAnn was having a big 50 percent off framing sale so Tracy couldn't resist.

Tracy also picked up some scrapbooking items. I think my sister-in-law Miranda's hobby might be rubbing off on Tracy. While we were in the scrapbook isle, a lady commented, "You should be so lucky that he came with you (referring to me), I can't get my husband to come in this store." It was at this moment that I knew it was time to wrap up our trip to JoAnn Fabrics!

Then we were off to search for just the right comforter for the guest bedroom. We hit up JcPenney, Macy's, Sears, Kohls and Target (no Bed Bath & Beyond ... we didn't have time). We decided on the one from Kohls so we'll have to return later this week and pick it up. While we were at Kohls I found some affordable jeans and tried them on. This was a bad idea. We are eating healthier and I'm drinking less, but my waist isn't getting any smaller. When I got home I measured my gut with a metal tape measure at its biggest point and the girth register 38.5 inches. If that's not enough to motivate me to get a Beach Body and ditch the Ugly Body, I don't know what is. My workout program starts Sunday morning!

During our comforter search, Tracy was looking for a specific throw pillow color for our couch without any success. So, naturally being the competitive person I am, I told her we will have a sew off. She sews one pillow, I sew the other. It can't be too hard to sew up a pillow and it's the most cost effective route. Of course, we'll need to buy extra fabric because I know my pillow seams will probably suck and Tracy will have to end up making both pillows. OK, so this isn't the most manly thing to do, but my brother did sew up a shower curtain so I guess that means it's OK for me to make a pillow.

Nothing else too crazy going on today. We are just enjoying the nice 75-degree weather and taking it easy. On Sunday we'll head down to Derek and Chad's to watch the Super Bowl. Tracy is pulling for Arizona so I guess I'll cheer for the Steelers to be different - it's that competitive thing we have going on (see above). Oh, and our season Blokus series is tied 2-2. Maybe we'll need a tiebreaker tonight!

No comments: